Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Did not Make my day.


To Whom It May Concern:

I have been a devout reader of Craft since Volume 1 and am very disappointed that the magazine will no longer be published. This is especially irritating to me since I had just received my first subscription issue as a gift and then got the notice. Obviously Craft is being sacrificed to save Make in these difficult economic times. As for the website, I have found it difficult to navigate. It is most definitely not a substitute for the print magazine.

I want to give Make a chance to wow me the same way Craft did. I hope that you will begin to feature more projects and articles in Make that would appeal to me. However, today I received Vol. 17 and was not thrilled. Since there are ads in it for Craft subscriptions it was obviously published before the axe fell on Craft and might not reflect the changes that will occur. Some of the projects in Make are interesting but not one of them is something that I want to spend my time doing (or have the tools, materials, knowledge, etc. for).

So here's the deal: My toolbox is equipped with crochet hooks, ribbon, Alene's Craft Glue, Sculpey, and Mod Podge. Not a circular saw, soldering materials, or anything else I would likely lose an eye or a finger to. If Make is going to incorporate more things that I might actually use in the future I would be happy to continue my subscription. I do not think that Vol. 17 should be counted as one of the issues left in my subscription since it was produced for a different audience and doesn't include any of the Craft spirit or style. If, however, Craft is simply dead and buried please let me know and I will consider cancelling my subscription.

Thank you for your honesty and for all of the past issues of Craft which amused me.
M.

1 comment:

Madam said...

Life is hard. Guess you're gonna have to write your own magazine.