Monday, June 15, 2009

New Mouse in the House



Perhaps you noticed my darling little mouse up there in the corner? Well I decided that I needed a professional logo for the new shop. I put a request on Etsy's Alchemy and got waaaaay too many bids! There are so many talented fine artists and graphic designers there. If you've never used Alchemy before you basically request whatever you are looking for (say a tuba cover knit in green mohair) and shop owners put in bids to do the project for you.
It was very hard to decide who to go with but I finally settled on Jade Nellans after seeing her portfolio here http://www.jadefrolics.net.

The fact that we share part of our name and an infatuation with cats kind of sealed the deal. Unfortunately I got it done just as my good friend Emily was finishing a drawing for me so I ended up with two little mice. I am going with Jade's for now because it fits in the avatar and banner space on Etsy better. I might use Em's for some packaging (thanks Emmy!). Check out Emily's portfolio too. She's been my dear friend forever and I've seen her art progress from crayons and markers to the fantastic pieces she does now. www.Moth-and-mouse.com

I discovered some other amazing artists and since I am still in the process of decorating the "new" house (we've been here for eight months!) I am going to have no problem filling some of this white wall space. Here is one of my favorites. It was so difficult to choose, let me tell you.


Another artist I fell in love with was Jenni Phillips. http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5762710 shop ID LucaJenn on Etsy. Her girls are so simple but expressive, sweet, and magical- kind of what I strive for in my felties.

No comments: